1. Is Nirmal Pure coconut oil 100% pure filtered oil?
Yes, Nirmal is 100% pure filtered oil.
2. How is the Coconut Oil extracted?
Coconut Oil is extracted by using modern expellers; the coconut oil is expelled from dried coconut (Copra).
3. How is the filtering done?
Filtering is done with the help of pressure filters and centrifugal filter.
4. Is there a refining process involved in the manufacture of pure coconut oil?
No, Nirmal is a 100% pure filtered oil and there is no RBD (Refining/Bleaching/Deodorising) process involved.
5. What is the shelf life of pure filtered coconut oil?
The shelf life varies between 9 months and 24 months depending on the type of packaging used as well as the weather conditions in which it is stored. Flexy pouches have the lowest shelf life and opaque HDPE packs have the longest shelf life.
Natural characteristics/properties of pure coconut oil
6. Is freezing of coconut oil a natural phenomenon?
Yes, coconut oil starts freezing when stored in places below 25 degree
Celsius (77 Fahrenheit). Partial freezing is also possible starting from the
bottom of the bottle.
What is the best method of melting
The two common methods are as follows:
• Place the plastic pack in a micro wave
oven for about 30 seconds.
• Place the plastic pack in warm water for
a few minutes.
8. Is sedimentation a natural phenomenon in pure coconut oil?
Yes, since the manufacturing process involves only filtering, minute invisible suspended matter (which is also protein) settles to the bottom of the pack when kept idle over a long period. This sediment is absolutely pure, is safe to consume and forms part of natural pure coconut oil.
9. At times, wax like lumps/matter appear in coconut oil when melted from
frozen condition. Is this natural?
Yes, sometimes while melting this happens. But once heated in the pan, it turns into liquid again.
10. Is consumption of coconut oil healthy in the long run?
Yes, Coconut oil is healthy because it predominantly comprises MCFAs (Medium Chain Fatty Acids) or MCTs (Medium Chain Triglycerides), which are readily metabolised in the body and converted to energy instantaneously, and consequently helps in reducing body weight.
11. How is coconut oil good for hair?
Coconut oil has a natural affinity to human hair protein. And the presence
of Medium Chain Fatty Acids (MFCAs) makes coconut oil the only oil that
penetrates into hair shaft 3 times more than any other oil which in turn
gives well rooted hair, lessening hair fall and imparting a natural shine to
12. Does using coconut hair oil regularly help reduce dandruff?
Yes, Coconut hair oil helps keep scalp healthy due to its antibacterial property. Lauric acid, in coconut oil acts as an antibacterial agent. It can bring down fungi growth that causes dandruff on your scalp and hence reduces dandruff.
13. How does coconut oil protect hair / scalp and reduce hair loss?
Since coconut oil penetrates into hair shaft 3 times more than any other oil, this helps protect loss of hair protein from heat and other chemical effects like sunlight, hair-dryer, hair color, hair curling / straightening.
14. How to apply coconut hair oil to reduce hair loss and split ends and add more shine to dry and damaged hair?
• Take some coconut oil in your palm.
• Gently massage your dry hair with coconut oil
• Leave it for 30 minutes or more
• Then shampoo your hair and rinse
15. Does applying of coconut hair oil delay aging of scalp?
Yes, applying coconut hair oil can delay wrinkles on the scalp to a great deal.
Coconut oil is rich in antioxidants such as Vitamin E, Phytosterol and Phenol. The antioxidative efficiency of Vitamin E in coconut oil is 40 to 60 times higher than the Vitamin E found in commercial cosmetics. The antioxidants help reduce the number of free radicals that cause premature aging on the scalp
VIRGIN COCONUT OIL
1. How is Virgin Coconut oil extracted / manufactured?
Virgin Coconut oil is extracted from fresh coconut without applying heat and by minimising the moisture content. This oil is then filtered.
2. Can Virgin Coconut Oil be used for cooking?
Yes, it can be used for cooking
3. Is Virgin Coconut Oil healthy?
Virgin coconut oil is abundant in vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants, thus making it the 'mother of all oils'. Virgin coconut oil also possesses antibacterial properties which can be very beneficial to our health
4. Does Virgin Coconut Oil have any medicinal effect?
The Medium Chain fatty acid present in the oil supports proper immune system function, weight loss, thyroid functions and helps in resisting illness. It helps in increasing HDL.
5. Can diabetic patients consume Virgin Coconut Oil?
Virgin Coconut oil is the only fat that diabetic patients can eat without fear as it regulates blood sugar and controls or reduces the effect of disease.
6. What are the benefits of Virgin Coconut Oil?
a. Virgin Coconut Oil is rich in Natural Vitamin C and E, hence slows down skin
aging and it keeps the skin smooth and beautiful.
b. It protects the skin from infections caused by bacteria, viruses and fungi, prevents dandruff and hair loss.
c. It is highly recommended for massaging, especially for infants as it helps in keeping skin moisturized and soft.
d. This oil is well known for its high saturated fat content, so naturally it is free of Cholesterol and continued intake minimizes the Cardiac problems and even Cardiac arrest.
e. It is the only fat that diabetic patients can eat without fear because it regulates blood sugar and controls or reduces the effect of the disease.
f. It is highly rich in Lauric Acid (which is found in breast milk) and it provides better immunity against bacterial, fungal and viral infections.
g. The Medium Chain Fatty Acid in this oil supports proper immune system function, weight loss, thyroid function and has high medicinal effect in resisting illness.
7. Are all natural coconut oils virgin oils?
No, Virgin Coconut Oil is natural but not all natural coconut oil are virgin.
8. How do you distinguish Virgin Coconut Oil from any other oils?
In texture and viscosity it is one of the lightest oils. It absorbs quickly leaving no oily after-feel. It retains a light sweet coconut taste and natural aroma, melts easily and quickly upon touch. It is colourless and clear when melted. Shelf life is longer than refined coconut oil.
SESAME / TIL / GINGELLY OIL
1. How is Sesame / Til / Gingelly oil manufactured?
Sesame / Til / Gingelly Oil seeds gather a lot of miniscule impurities. Hence the seeds are separated, sorted and cleaned first and then roasted and pressed to extract the oil.
2. Is Sesame / Til / Gingelly Oil edible?
Yes, it is edible oil. It is also often used as a flavour enhancer
3. Does Sesame / Til / Gingelly Oil have any medicinal value?
Sesame / Til / Gingelly Oil is rich in minerals and vitamin B6. It provides relief for rheumatoid arthritis. and promotes respiratory health.
Rich presence of anti-oxidants and poly-unsaturated fats in Sesame / Til / Gingelly Oil could also help in controlling blood pressure.
4. Can Sesame / Til / Gingelly Oil be used for oil bath?
Yes, Sesame / Til / Gingelly Oil bath is of great help to people living in hot conditions. The benefits of Sesame / Til / Gingelly Oil bath include increased blood circulation, toning of the muscles and deeper sleep at night.